Tahu Gejrot is a spicy tofu dish food from Cirebon, a port town in West Java, Indonesia. Tahu gejrot consists of tahu pong, a type of hollow tahu goreng (fried tofu) cut into small pieces. It is served with a thin and watery dressing that is made by blending palm sugar, vinegar and sweet soy sauce. It is usually served in a small earthenware bowl or layah, with ground garlic, pounded shallot and hot bird’s eye chili cut into pieces to add spiciness. Currently out gejrot has spread throughout Indonesia such as Jakarta, Malang, Depok, Surabaya and some places in other big cities in Indonesia.
How to Make Tofu Gejrot
How to make tofu gejrot begins by setting out tahu/ tofu sumedang and wading out into the lukewarm water and add a teaspoon of fine salt for about 20 minutes.
– After the know-soaked, fried tofu until cooked, then remove and drain.
– The next step is to make a sauce out gejrot.
– The trick, crushed garlic, red chili, cayenne pepper, red onion, green chili, brown sugar, and salt, and then enter the acidic water, water and soy sauce, then stir well, and cook until boiling, then remove and set aside .
– After that, place the fried tofu on a serving plate, pour the sauce, then sprinkle with fried onions on it.
– The manufacturing is still very traditionally made out gejrot has a distinctive flavor, so it is not a matter of surprise if these foods are popular in areas in Indonesia such as Jakarta, Bandung, Depok, Malang and Surabaya.
The Seller Tahu Gejrot
The Sellers know this gejrot can consist of among women and men. Typically the seller of men using a pole to carry his wares, while the use of winnowing that carried over the head for women sellers. The merchants know gejrot very easily found mainly around the city of Cirebon and also some other areas in Indonesia because it includes snacks are quite popular. #